Established in 1965, the Kielce University of Technology is the largest technical university in the region – located in Kielce, in the heart of the oldest European mountains, the Świętokrzyskie mountains. The University campus is situated in the city centre, within the walking distance to all amenities.
Education: The Kielce University of Technology offers courses and programmes leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees in several areas of study. The leading study programmes meet the standards of FEANI – a federation of professional engineers.
From the very beginning KUT has been an important centre of technical education in Świętokrzyskie Region. Currently with 5000 students, KUT offers studies on 5 faculties, 21 fields of study and over 60 specializations. We offer courses deriving from traditional as well as emerging technical academic disciplines. Our prime task at the university is to provide our students with the best employment prospects and encourage them to become life-long learners. We strive to achieve this by providing highly trained academic staff, strong partnerships with foreign educational institutions, well-equipped laboratories and other excellent facilities.
Research: The wide scope of research is conducted at our 5 faculties. Our researchers with their innovative solutions strongly contribute to the industry or medicine development. The research activities are conducted in very well equipped laboratories, using leading-edge technologies.
International cooperation: KUT international cooperation is based on the bilateral agreements with more than 100 foreign Higher Educational Institutions from 40 countries. Cooperation is conducted on research level (numerous joint scientific publications and research activities with the key international scientists) and academic exchange level (opportunity to study and teach abroad, as well as welcoming the foreign teachers and students at KUT, beneficiary of ERASMUS+, CEEPUS programmes, double degree diploma programmes ).
Students life: Numerous Scientific Students Clubs, among them successful „Impuls” attracting enthusiasts of mechanical engineering and receiving top awards in the University Rover Challenge (USA) and European Rover Challenge. KUT offers many opportunities to develop students scientific and creative passions. For sports enthusiasts, KUT offers a wide range of sports activities at modern facilities. Another benefit for KUT students is the low cost living in Kielce.
- KUT offers industry-tailored academic programmes.
- KUT has internationally recognised academic programmes.
- KUT has partnerships with various industries that focus on technology, innovation and entrepreneurship development.
- KUT has modern Engineering courses.
- KUT owns a technology and innovation focusing on R&D promoting entrepreneurship.
- KUT has sporting and recreational facilities.
- KUT has produced leaders in technology, engineering, innovation.
Facts and figures: Established in 1965, about 5000 students, over 400 academic staff members, 5 faculties, 21 fields of study and over 60 specializations, over 140 international students mostly from Algeria, Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Lebanon, India, Bangladesh, Tanzania, Nigeria, Morocco; complex campus: 5 faculty buildings, library, sports centre and 6 dormitories; obtained patents 362; Top Awards for Students Scientific Club – Impuls: University Rover Challenge – USA: (2018 and 2019), European Rover Challenge: (2018 and 2019)
Kielce University of Technology offers studies at five faculties:
Currently about 5500 students are taught at 21 courses and are able to choose from more than 60 specialisations.
The University is entitled to confer the PhD degree (Doktor) and the degree of Doctor of Science (Doktor habilitowany)in the following disciplines of science:
- civil engineering and transport (at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture)
- automation, electronic and electrical engineering (at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatic Control and Computer Science)
- mechanical engineering (at the Faculty of Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering)
- environmental engineering, mining and energy (at the Faculty of Environmental Engineering, Geomatics and Renewable Energy)
Kielce University of Technology has the status of academic higher education institution and it offers 1st and 2nd cycle studies (BSc &MSc) as well as the 3rd cycle studies – within the University the Doctoral School has been operating since 2019.
The University’s premises comprise of five teaching buildings with laboratories, the Centre for Laser Metal Technologies – a unique one in Poland, the modern building of the Rector’s Office and the Main Library, a sports centre, a lecture hall for 680 people, six dormitories, two residential buildings, everything situated on a 22-hectare campus in the city centre. Additionally, a so called “small campus” with more laboratories and teaching buildings assigned for the Faculty of Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering is located on the outskirts, in Dąbrowa.
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture:
- architecture (BSc & MSc)
- civil engineering (BSc & MSc)
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, automatic Control and Computer Science:
- industrial automation and electrical engineering (BSc)
- electromobility (BSc)
- electrical engineering (BSc & MSc)
- energy engineering (BSc)
- computer science (BSc & MSc)
- computer systems and networking (BSc)
Faculty of Environmental Engineering, Geomatics and Renewable Energy:
- surveying and cartography (BSc & MSc)
- environmental engineering (BSc & MSc)
- renewable energy sources (BSc & MSc)
Faculty of Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering
- automation and robotics (BSc & MSc)
- computer science for manufacturing engineering (BSc)
- safety engineering (BSc)
- automotive engineering and transport management (BSc & MSc)
- mechanical engineering (BSc & MSc)
- design for industry (BSc)
Faculty of Management and Computer Modelling
- economics (BA & MA)
- data engineering (BSc)
- logistics (BSc)
- management and production engineering (BSc & MSc)